Wednesday, September 23, 2009

picture post


here is my house from a bit of a long view...I live in an condo type thing next to a bunch of 3eme students who share two of the others
when I go down those stairs and keep going straight I get to the house where the sisters live, as well as to the general area where I go to find people to hang out with



this is my bit of the building closer up




flowers in a little jar on the ledge of my living room window sill
the pretty braided grass (upper left hand corner of the photo) was made for me by one of the girls here, and my camp counselor heart loves keeping all things like that



some wall deco near my door...pictures, calendar, pretty things



trinkets on my bedroom window sill...smelly good candle and pretty rock sent from home, accidental green theme
the wall that you can see out of my window goes around all of the school grounds





here are some lovely hills as seen over the wall of the ground of Ste B's...actually a lot more beautiful in person




4 comments:

NPCA said...

Molly,
What a great opportunity to work with women in Africa! I love the pictures you have posted as well! I am from the National Peace Corps Association and I wanted to urge you to check out our new Africa Rural Connect website. Here is the link: arc.peacecorpsconnect.org/
Also, pass it along to any family or friends you think may be interested. Good luck again on your time in the peace corps. I know that it will be an unforgetable and rewarding experience!
Ashleigh
NPCA

Unknown said...

Truly lovely! What a pretty blue color...looks very fresh and happy. I am glad you are getting comfty in your new home!
xoxomom

Evan said...

Wow your place looks so home-y. But you know what I've got that you don't got?! HUH?! A thin layer of magically appearing sand and dust that coats everything. I bet you wish you lived in Dori.

Mary said...

Amazing views, Molly. Thank you so much for posting the pictures. Stay strong, healthy, and happy and give Evan and big hug from me!
Mary
(Evan's Mom)
Today's his 23rd birthday....