Wednesday, March 10, 2010

NASARA!!! NASARA!!! NASAAAAAAAAARAAAA!!!!!

And hello to YOU, little screaming child.

Don't have an entry all typed out in advance to post today but since I am here I might as well say something.

So hi! It's hot in Burkina Faso these days. That does not stop fonctionnaire women from wearing lots of perfume. It's all good.

I came into town today to get notebooks and pens for my cuisinaire friends because tonight we are going to start a little Cours de Soir to begin learning how to read and speak French. I'm looking forward to it because I really love these girls and this activity just sort of reared its head on its own, and I think it'll be good. No big expectations or plans as of this point, just gonna test the water. I also wanted to do a little research on literacy resources in Kongoussi today, but oddly its not looking too pro,ising. I'm going to stop by my APE friend's bureau after this to see what he has to say.

Yay! So tonight I will sit down with Valarie, Kali, Lizetta, Marie and maybe Jeanette to apprendre some chose. Peace Corps.

In other news, I'm planning on posting an updated packing list based on my experiences here thus far...things like that were really helpful for me when I was getting ready to come over, so if I can be of any help to anyone reading this who's counting down I'll be happy.

No comments: