Wednesday, April 29, 2009

and the countdown gets...longer?

Just got a little email from Jason, the Burkina Country Desk Assistant. Staging will begin on June 9th (not 8th) in Philadelphia. I'll be getting a bunch of info about this in the mail next week.

Woo! Solid info is on its way!

Also, Mr. Jason has kindly stoked the fire under my bum about practicing French with the Rosetta Stone. He will be checking to make sure we actually use it for 40 hours like we said we would when we accepted our free subscriptions. Good thing there's some high school accountability stuff going on here because I don't think I would make it to the two score mark without being told that I'm going to be checked up on. Not that I'm flagrantly irresponsible or poor at time management (I'm really not either of those things), I just haven't found the program to be as helpful as I thought it would be given its reviews. It seems like it would be more obviously effective if I had zero French experience.

...though any language review is good, really. ...and I've had months upon months to get this in, so really there's no reason for me to NOT make the mark.

It's cram time.

No comments: