Wednesday, June 24, 2009

what can i say in five minutes?

I feel really good about being here, it seems that this Peace Corps business will be good for my soul. It seems weird to keep a blog because this is just life that I'm living here, going with the flow as I've been having myself do for the past while...

I am very much enjoying the people that I am with. I'm digging the training, the biking, the kids, my host fam, my fellow Peace Corpsy people. I don't have much time right now, but I thought it fair to pop onto this thing to at least let you all know that I am alive and I am well. ...and I am sweaty. :)

7 comments:

Rahel said...

i am so happy for you :):):):):):):):)

Teddy said...

Yea for happiness! And sweatyness!

Unknown said...

miss your guts! i'm glad you're having a good time.

asleinbe said...

Hey Molly, I'm so glad your first month in is going so well!!

xo
amanda

Anonymous said...

Yay for happiness! (:

SHalstead said...

I am so glad your first while has gone so well! I believe in your ability to be socialable, so I have little fear for you in such a situation. You are loved!

Averill Strasser said...

Molly:

When you've finished training, can you send us a small water or sanitation project?

I am a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (Bolivia ’66-’68), and founder and COO of Water Charity, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that does water, sanitation, and public health projects worldwide.

We have just started a new initiative, Appropriate Projects, to fund small water and sanitation projects very quickly.

Please check out our website at http://appropriateprojects.com, and submit an application.

Even volunteers who do not work directly in water and sanitation often have a small water project that needs to be done where they work.

If you have any questions about the appropriateness of your project, you can send me a return email.

Averill Strasser

mail@appropriateprojects.com
mail@watercharity.org