Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sporadic adventure to the homeland!

Here I am in Ouahigouya, having taken a trip on over with Sister Elisabeth so that she didn't have to drive it alone and so that I could hop on over to Bogoya to SURPRISE my host family with a little hello! I'm nervous and excited. I'm about to go buy them a lil' present and then hop on my bike and pedal away.

Tonight we'll be riding back home, three hours encore...adventure, adventure. I think that this little tiny bit of travel across a partially-unfamiliar road back to a familiar place will do my spirit good. It was nice to ride along the route that I took when I biked biked biked to visit a nearby (relatively speaking I suppose) PCV, and to pass it and begin bumping along unfamilar territory. ...and now here I am! Procrastinating at the cyber cafe because I'm nervous!

So that's all...nothin' big to say. Just had a few extra minutees on this extremely fast internet here. By the way, you know what is just so g d nice? Texts and letters from friends. Texts make my day, literally...it's so funny that that can work! And I al so grateful for the CDs I have been sent...they've saved my sanity now that my ipod is being difficult.

...and there! Substantial reflective blog entry to follow at a later date.

No comments: