Tuesday, January 19, 2010

look at me, on the internet!

Didn't expect that I'd be here today and it's getting close to lunch time so I'll have to keep this short, but hi again to everyone out there reading. I'll write something nice and insightful soon. And add pictures...because I took some. :)

Things are looking up for me here. There was just a big old turn around for me at the end of last week...spent some time with my APE president friend and chatted over beers about big important thoughts, which is such a welcome reprise from a lot of the standard banter I'm normally engaged in, even with people who've known me for a couple of months now. Yes yes, even though my opinions on international political matters and ethics and morality and human relationships aren't as mind blowingly eloquant in French as they might be in English, it was really nice. We also talked about me joining him on sensibilisation trips to villages around Kongoussi as well as some ideas about groups I can start at my school. ...he just walked into the cyber cafe! What a conicidence! Merci à lui.

Things kept going along their simple and happy course from there...plesant interactions, a lifted spirit, good helpful times with students during their nightly study hours, nights under the stars, a friend's ipod chock full of wonderful music to get me going (nice to have people helping to look out for my sanity). Sister Elisabeth back on campus finally. Frozen yogurt in a sachet. Things are fine. Looking up. Taking a mini leave from Kong this Saturday which I am sure will be nice as well. And then I'll be back. And that'll be nice too.

Isn't that nice?

No comments: