Wednesday, February 3, 2010

eye candy again


Took a bunch of photos lately, thought I'd share a couple...no real rhyme or reason to any of them.

Below you will a find a view of my house (complete with straw-type hangar) as taken from next to the smelly pig house where about a million little grunting piggies live down wind of my open windows.

And here we have me sitting in my chair watching the pretty sunset just outside of my home.



Ok, so this is kind of funny. Pretty much the day after having one of a couple of Sontag-inspired debates with a Peace Corps neighbor friend of mine about the merits of photography and photographic representation and how I'm just not entirely comfortable whipping my camera out all of the time at this stage in my life here, I walk out of the school building at the end of the day to find the fields on fire. Which was wild, and I really wanted to take pictures. So I did. The girls had been sent out to burn down the tall dry grasses in order to scare off the invading population of snakes...which I have not seen and am hoping now will not have to.



Umm...more later maybe! It's late and I'm tired.

No comments: