Friday, September 17, 2010

chez qui? chez me!

Dear Mom and Dad,

Do you recognize this place pictured below?


It is the path leading from my school down into the village (where I now live). We took this path on our way to visit Ono. Look at all that green! This has been a good, rainy year for the folks of Burkina Faso. All signs point to the rain continuing through the end of this month, which will be good news for crops as well as for weather. I love me some fresh air!
And if you were to follow that path and turn right and push your way through some close-growing millet you would soon get to my new house!
This is part of my new house, latrine/douche area over to the right there. Three rooms, lots o' space for little me. Let's go in, why dont we? Ah, but upon getting to the doorway, let's look out into my courtyard!

If you look closely you can see a kid in green (camoflauge) getting water from the well. My walls are not very high at the moment!

...and to the right, the entrance to my courtyard, temporary clothesline up above, a little place where I might eventually compost some stuff, the tree that currently provides me with daytime shade...
And inside my house?



I should be embarassed that this huge mess of a room is on the internet for all to see, but I took these pictures right as I was heading out to the internet and...it's really not that bad! Got my bed down there, bookshelf, notorious chairs, scattered things...

...and this is where I cook. On the other side of this room is where I keep my get-myself-clean stuff and my water and things. But yes. VoilĂ  chez moi. I must get off the internet and bike back there right now.
Bye!

No comments: