Friday, December 18, 2009

one big happy family

...that's what my GEE stage is.
We're all in Ouaga for the week, just wrapped up a few days of training. It was great hearing about what's going on with everyone, to spend some time talking to the other two volunteers who are in boarding schools in other parts of the country...I have a lot of productive things to think about and I've been filled with a renewed energy and some sweet inspiration and motivation.
...and also some questions and aprehension and reflection of where I am and what it means and if it's where GEE should go, the direction it should be taking. So lots of ups and downs.
It's nice that we're all still here. This group has an interesting chemistry, I think it works well. It's a rare thing, being all together like this. It's been enjoyable.
Tomorrow night I am going back to Kongoussi. At the end of next week all of the students will be gone. Then Christmas is coming.

Want to know what's fun? Taking care of fraudulant credit card charges from overseas. So I'm off to do that.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You are posting more frequently! I most heartily endorse this. <3