Sunday, December 20, 2009

reflections on the way out

A little homesick. The more connected I am with internet, telephones, the easier it is for me to feel homesick. Haven't really felt too homesick too often so far.


Parents are in town and people are visiting parents. I need to get out of Ouaga. I decided to stay an extra day to sleep in and rest up but now I've gotta go. I have to get out of here, go back to Kongoussi. The transit house, while cool, is not necessarily a good thing to have. I have lots of thoughts on this subject but I already shared them extensively with a similarly-minded friend this week and to be honest I'm very tired so I don't want to get into them again.


I'm catching the afternoon bus. I'm going to ride up to my home and get there and settle in. I'm stressing out a little. I have a lot on my mind. A lot happens, there's a lot to think about. Work things, life things, future things, interpersonal relationship things...what is going on?


This is going to be a wild month, this December, different from any month I've had here so far. It already has been with this IST training business, and then school is going to be finished for the trimester and all of the girls are going to go home, and Christmas will come and go, and then I am helping a neighbor volunteer with a mini girls camp, and then New Years Eve which I thought I would come back to Ouaga for but thinking about it I'm not sure, I think I might stay in Kongoussi and party with town friends doing whatever they do. And then January, a whole new year, a year full of months to fill with things and to pass into new months. What am I doing? When will I feel settled? It's a crazy thing, living somewhere for six months and never being in a position where you feel settled and calm.


I have a lot of really good things to say about this week, the conversations I had about my life, the fun I had being with my American friends from stage... but now I just gotta get back so I can start re-settling in. I'm hoping this won't actually be a problem or too much of a difficulty. It'll partially depend on what I make of it. Like everything.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

First off, Molly, I love you. You are a kindred spirit and I love to see you glow with a happiness that can only come from within.

Secondly, I can relate to everything you wrote. I love coming home.. Banfora, especially when the girls great me with hugs and kisses! Haha, but seriously, it's only two years, two school years, the first one is half over! We have work to do!

And happiness always comes from within.

I don't know what I'm trying to say but I guess I can say I liked your blog. Nice blog. Haha, and Merry Christmas!

Love,
Les

TMD said...

I love you McCue and am so so proud of you and the good your doing - there and within. You've grown so much from the little 17 year old I met. You are so much stronger and at peace. I know that this time of year is hard to be away from home, but I know you're equipped to deal with it. And will cope even better when you get my chocolate :). LOVE!

Molly said...

:)