Wednesday, April 7, 2010

at the poste, at the poste

So I sat down to write a blog entry this morning while at home. I've been tickled by having so much access to the internet right at my fingertips. But here I am, at the poste...I arrived just after they closed, checked my PO Box to discover that I had a package waiting for me. Bummer, huh? But no. The poste guys re-opened their doors, re-took out their books, and got me my package so I could have it today. "Even though you are late, we will give you your box, because you are nice" one of the guys says to me in English, which he loves practicing whenever I come in to get money or send/get mail.

...and here they are, with their cyber poste up and running! How could I resist sitting down for 15 minutes? I was type typing a text message to a PCV friend, informing him of the good internet news and my Poste Office friend was very pleased that I was spreading the good word. There are three of them here, working out kinks...there aren't even chairs at all the computers yet...the internet guy stood over me as I typed in the code he handed me, just to make sure everything would work right.

So it's a bike ride into town...how much better do I feel giving my money to these guys here than to Zain, big huge phone conglomorate? So much better. And man...radio hill internet lady better step it up a notch! It's cheaper, faster, and there are more computers here at the poste...and I'm preettttyyyyy sure it'll be timlier than up there.


My todays blog will come to you at a later date :)

No comments: