Sunday, April 18, 2010

Things are moving along

Yes yes, ladies and gentlemen and all. A successful workshop week, some good conversations with my nun friend and a couple of the APCDs, and it looks like things'll be changing up for me a bit next school year. Ideally I'll be staying in Kongoussi but moving OUT of my little castle on the hill and into a house in a community where I hope I'll be able to work more closely with primary/secondary school girls and parents.

So now I've got some action planning to do. The more groundwork I can do in all of this, the better my chances are at getting things moving at a reasonable pace. I also have a group meeting with the Country Director tomorrow to talk about site development. Considering my sitch, I feel it's pretty important that I go. Someone's gotta represent us boarding school volunteers.

That someone is me.

Man I am so ready for SOMETHING. Anything. A new start? It won't really be that, really, but in a way it will be, and in a way I'm looking forward to that. Coherent, huh? But yes. My mind is kind of mush and I want to go go go.

...but slow slow slow.

And so it goes.

Happy ALLLLMMMMOOOOOSSSSSTTTT my dad's birthday!

1 comment:

Evan said...

I checked out the stamp guy, hes legit. Also, I hope you find happiness in Kongoussi. Dori misses you.